Art Log (Dec 2022 - Jan 2023)

Hello again! 

In this blog post, I would like to share with you art I made between December 2022 and this month, January 2023. Hope you like them!

If you have seen my previous art log, you would have seen a bunch of mountain drawings and paintings. I took a detour again and decided to draw something different. Below is a drapery study I started painting last month which I finished only around the beginning of January. It was a little harder than I thought, but it was a great challenge. Hopefully drapery studies will help me understand the dynamics of clothing and how light interacts with it.


And again, if you have read my previous art log, you would have read about my most recent obsession with penguins. After the drawings of the Adelies, I made some quick doodles of Emperor penguin chicks,



And then a Chinstrap and a pair of Gentoo penguins drawn on the same day. The drawing of the Gentoos is my favourite one! 



Here's another pair of Gentoos.


And here's a King penguin. I absolutely love how it turned out! This drawing also made me pull out all the sketch pens that were sitting unused in my closet. I'm glad they were finally put to use! 😂


After scrolling around on Pinterest, I came across an amazing craft idea, and that is tea bag art. Since it's winter, I usually drink some tea to keep warm. I saved a teabag, emptied it, and made art on it. Here it is:


Here below I drew Ana Vidović, a classical guitarist, playing Asturias by Isaac Albéniz. The drawing is a screencap from a video of her playing it. I drew it directly with a pen because I love a good challenge. Drawing like this makes one use their creativity in correcting and covering mistakes. I think it improved my hand-eye coordination too. 

I'm also happy that my drawings of hands have gotten so much better! If you're an artist, you would know how hard it is to draw a hand good enough for it to not look weird. 



And finally, a painting of a mountain, Masherbrum or K1, which I finally completed after a long time!

I'm super happy with how this came out. In my Kanchenjunga painting, which you can see here, I gave too much importance to the finer details that it came out looking a little odd, so in this painting, I tried to not focus on the details, but to just paint larger shapes and blend them to make it look good.



This is just one of many mountain studies and I'll definitely be doing more in future!

And that's all the art I did for January 2023. I think this year is off to a good start artistically, since I've been drawing more frequently than before. I'm also glad to see so much improvement too.

Did you enjoy this post? Let me know if you did in the comments! I would also appreciate sharing this with your friends.

See you in the next!

Comments

Popular Posts